Aubergine Spread / Dip
[recipe title=”Aubergine Spread / Dip” servings=”6″ time=”45 minutes” image=false
– 2 aubergines
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 tomato
– 1 TSP of ground cumin
– Extra virgin olive oil
1. If you are using an oven: preheat oven to about 200C / 390F.
2. Cut the aubergines in two and coat the insides with the garlic/oil mixture.
3. Then put both halves together again and put them in the over for about 30-35 minutes.
4. When they are done, remove the meat from the aubergines using a spoon and put it in a bowl.
1. If you are using a microwave: peel the aubergines and cut them into small pieces.
2. Mix them with the garlic/oil mixture.
3. Now cook them in the microwave using the highest setting.
5. After a couple of minutes, check if they are cooked.
6. Dice the tomato and add it with the cumin to the aubergines.
7. Using a hand blender, mix all ingredients until nice and smooth. Add salt and pepper in the process.
8. Let the mixture cool before serving.
Tip: serve with toast or fresh bread. You can also use it as a dip.