Chicken Rillettes with Ricotta, Coriander and Pine Nuts
[recipe title=”Chicken Rillettes with Ricotta, Coriander and Pine Nuts” servings=”6″ time=”30 minutes” image=false
– 150 gr. (5.5 oz.) of chicken (you can also use leftovers that have already been cooked or roasted)
– 3 Tbsp Ricotta cheese
– 50 gr. (2 oz.) of pine nuts
– Fresh Basil
– Fresh Coriander
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 lemon
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Black Pepper
1. If you are using leftover chicken, chop into small pieces.
2. If you are using fresh chicken, quickly bake or fry it until golden brown. Once done, chop into small pieces.
3. Chop the fresh basil and coriander, you’ll need about 2-3 Tbsp.
4. Chop the clove of garlic.
5. In a non-stick pan, roast the pine nuts (without any fat or oil) for 2-3 minutes until they turn golden brown.
6. Put the chicken, basil, garlic and pine nuts in a bowl.
7. Squeeze the lemon to add its juice.
8. Add the Ricotta and 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
9. Add some salt and pepper.
10. Blend everything until you get a nice, coarse mixture.
Be careful not to blend it too much, it needs to be coarse to have the typical Rillettes texture.
11. Let it cool in the fridge for at least one hour and remove just before serving.
Tip: for a different taste, try adding some capers or chillies.