Coconut – Shrimp (Gambas) soup / Amuse Bouche
[recipe title=”Coconut – Shrimp (Gambas) soup / Amuse Bouche” servings=”4″ time=”60 minutes” image=false
– 10 cl. coconut milk
– 8 peeled large shrimps (for presentation purposes its nicer if they still have their tails)
– 400 gr. (14 oz.) of white beans
– 1 tablet of vegetable stock
– 1 onion
– 10 cl. creme fraiche
– 1 Tbsp curry powder
– Extra virgine olive oil
– Black pepper
1. In a bowl, mix 2 Tbsp olive oil with 1 Tbsp curry powder.
2. Marinade the shrimps with this mixture and let hem rest for 30 minutes.
3. Take the shrimps out of the marinade and remove any excess oil with a kitchen towel.
4. Boil the white beans in the vegetable stock. As soon as they are done, remove them, but save the vegetable stock.
5. Slice the onion into small pieces.
6. In the meantime, fry the marinaded shrimp until they are pink (not necessary if you bought them cooked).
7. Mix the beans with the coconut milk, creme fraiche and the onion using a hand blender.
8. When the mixture seems to be too thick, add some of the vegetable stock that you saved earlier.
9. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
The soup can e enjoyed hot or cold.
Tip: for a different taste, you can also marinate your shrimps with different herbs.