Paté with Melba Toast and Plantain Chips (Pate con Chicharritas)
Great combination which can be used with endless combinations – just replace the marmalade with pickles or olives.
Also works great with beetroot chips – find the recipe here.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 Plantain
- 12 pieces Melba toast
- 100 gr. Pâté 3.5 oz.
- Marmelade cranberry or strawberry taste very good
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Slice the plantain into thin slices and fry them in some olive oil.
- As soon as they are light brown, remove them and take off any excess oil with a kitchen towel.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. This needs to be done while they are still hot, otherwise it won’t stick.
- Take the melba toasts and generously apply pâté on them.
- On top of the pâté, add small heap of marmelade using a spoon.
- Serve the plantain chips and the toasts together.
Tip: No plantain? Just the toasts with pate and marmelade are also delicious! You can also serve it with some rosemary and seasalt chips/crisps instead!
Share this Recipe